Sunday 5 September 2010

Labuhanbajau (Simeulue)

The island of Simeulue near where the earthquake that triggered the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami happened. Judging by some of the coral high and dry I got the distinct impression the earth did move.
My itchy, sand fly bitten leg became very painful and swollen. It is very difficult not to scratch. Thanks to the suggestions from the ever helpful Rachel I decided to put myself onto a course of antibiotics to avoid any infections. This was not a place I wanted to spend anytime looking for doctors or finding a hospital if there was one.

Friday September 3, it rained – it bucketed down. I could have had a rain water bath in the dingy had I not already had a rainwater shower. Sadiqi’s water tanks were full again. I needed to change money and get some fresh supplies before the two day voyage to the northern end of Sumatra, I headed for Sinabang the largest town on the island of Simeulue.