Friday 31 December 2010

Ko Muk/Mook - Thailand

Ko Muk/Mook – pleasant island with steep granite cliffs, rain forest, rubber plantations and wide white sandy beaches. The anchorage was quiet and calm with only a few other yachts in the sheltered bay. “Mister Percival” was at anchor there so must have survived the anchoring challenges along the way from Langkawi. We spent new years eve on the boat watching some of the fireworks. I was in bed by 10, being an early riser I struggle to stay up later than 10pm. I also rationalise I would rather see the new year in and watch the sun rise as opposed to seeing the old year out by going to bed late.

The passengers/crew Elad and Andrea liked Ko Muk/Mook so much that they decided to stay.
I left Ko Muk early morning (4.00am) on January 2 and headed to Phuket - Au Chalong as I needed to check into Customs and Immigration before to long otherwise I would have to answer a few questions as to my whereabouts since leaving Malaysia. Taking more than 10 days after leaving Langkawi is, allegedly, questionable.