Wednesday 25 December 2013

Trinidad - December



Nothing exciting to report for December. I am still in Chaguaramas, Trinidad listening to the barnacles growing rapidly on Sadiqi's hull. Having hauled out earlier in the year in South Africa I was not planning on hauling out again so soon. I had to run the Honda generator or Volvo engine every few days to keep the batteries charged. The solar panels just weren't  coping with the cloud cover and almost daily rainfall in Trinidad. 

Chaguaramas - rig tenders

Chaguaramas - Power Boats

Chaguaramas - Power Boats boat yard
My nemesis the sewing machine has been brought out on several occasions to cause me some angst. I do concede that I have more than recovered to cost of the sewing machine with all the work done using it. It has also been a good source of procrastination - where by I have been able to complete some of the less pleasant jobs around the boat. The main sewing jobs have been restitching sun damaged thread.

Christmas festivities: As part of the silly season I combined with Lindsay, another solo sailer, to cook up pizzas on the Cobb. Christmas day is planned to start with champagne breakfast (in my case beer), then a lunch where everyone brings something, then late afternoon get together if anyone is left standing.


Time spent with cruising friends in Chaguaramas: It has been very social with gatherings on shore at Coral Cove boat yard with several other cruisers.

Lindsay "Avolare" from Australia
Nick and Andrea "Muneera" from Australia
Ken and Michelle "Magic" from USA
Ian and Jackie "Blackthorn Lady" from UK
Bruce and Jill "Daemon" from New Zealand
Peter and Ulla "Lavina" from Sweden
Wayne and Tracey  ?  from South Africa

I raise a glass/can to you all on Christmas. I wish you all the best of health and happiness in the New Year.