Tuesday 10 January 2012

Thailand, Phuket

Checked into Thailand Tuesday January 10 – some 20 days since checking out of Langkawi. I anticipated the question from the Thai immigration as to my whereabouts since checking out of Malaysia saying; small boat and bad weather over Christmas. I had been given the tip by Juliet from Que Pasa to log into the new Thai check program. The navigation was a little difficult at first. I’d have to say it saved me a great deal of time filling a heap of paper work when it came to checking in.

After checking in at Ao Chalong I returned to Ban Nit being a quieter, or so I thought, anchorage in the north east monsoon. .

I met the people from the following boats and it was not necessarily quieter – it was great fun though. I hope my liver will forgive me if it survives the experience.
  • Jonathan – "Lady Sara" (aka. Crime Scene) – South Africa - Dubai
  • Dave – "Bluegate" – Australia
  • Alex and Jenny – "Moggie" – Kenya - Australia
  • Ian and Lyn – "Cloud Nine" – England.
  • John and Sue – "Susan Margaret" – South Africa – Dubai
  • Ron and Juliet "Que Pasa"– South Africa – Dubai
  • Horizon – Ray and Marilyn – New York, USA
  • Simpristi – Chris and Trish – Durban, South Africa
  • Richard – Aida - Fremantle